The Anglo-Swedish Society of Gothenburg has the object of promoting cultural and other connections between English- and Swedish-speaking people. Members of any nationality who share our interests are welcome to join.
The officers of the Society for 2017-8 are:
- Chair: John Chaplin, johnchaplin(at)angloswedish.se
- Secretary: Caroline Ashcroft
- Treasurer: Birger Ekengren, membership(at)angloswedish.se
Activities in a typical year include:
- An annual gala event usually featuring a literary or historical figure. In 2017, being the 1000th anniversary of marriage of Queen Emma and King Canute, we will present ‘The Royal Wedding of the Millennium: Emma the first empress of Britain’ on 27th October.
- Group visits to English-language live theatre in Gothenburg and Live-på-Bio.
- Guided walks and visits to AngloSwedish places of interest in Gothenburg.
- The AngloSwedish Chalmers’ lecture and dinner.
- Christmas vegetarian buffet at Solrosen in Haga, with the St Andrew’s Church Choir.
- A monthly meeting of the English Language Book Club – ELB(A). http://www.meetup.com/ELBexA/