The Anglo-Swedish Society of Gothenburg has the object of promoting cultural and other connections between English- and Swedish-speaking people. Members of any nationality who share our interests are welcome to join.
The officers of the Society for 2020-2021 elected at the AGM 2020 02 25 are:
- Chair: John Chaplin, email@example.com
- Secretary: Caroline Ashcroft
- Treasurer: Birger Ekengren, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee members: Sharon Abrahamson, Ingmar Heldsdörfer, Shiela Andersson.
- Proposed Activities to be decided for the new Committee
- Talks – AngloSwedish Chalmers lectures on topics of scientific interest
- 100th Anniversary of the Society 10 Oct 2020 – /preparations
- Family social event – Mingle in the Park Slottskogen 4th July 12:00
- Christmas Carols vegetarian buffet at Solrosen, with mince pies! St Andrew’s Choir.
- Book club – ELB(A) English language book club http://www.meetup.com/ELBexA/
- Theatre visits – including National Theatre Live
- Commemorative days- ANZAC Day / Remembrance day
Thank you to our retiring Committee member Keith Barnard for valuable work on the committee over many years.
Bookings to email@example.com