The Anglo-Swedish Society of Gothenburg has the object of promoting cultural and other connections between English- and Swedish-speaking people. Members of any nationality who share our interests are welcome to join. The Society is celebrating its’ centenary in 2021. Below is a brief power-point video of some high-points in the history of our Society. Which can also be found on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMswVUiGDo
The officers of the Society for 2021-2022 elected at the AGM 2021 03 30 are:
- Chair: John Chaplin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Caroline Ashcroft
- Treasurer: Birger Ekengren, email@example.com
- Committee members: Sharon Abrahamson, Shiela Andersson.
- Proposed Activities to be decided for the new Committee
- Talks – AngloSwedish Chalmers lectures on topics of scientific interest
- 100th Anniversary of the Society (probably in the Autumn 2021)
- Virtual family social event – Virtual treasure hunt in Slottskogen July
- Christmas Carols vegetarian buffet at Solrosen, with mince pies! St Andrew’s Choir.
- Book club – ELB(A) English language book club http://www.meetup.com/ELBexA/
- Theatre visits – including National Theatre Live when it gets started again
- Remembrance day in November
Thank you to our retiring Committee member Ingmar Heldsdörfer for valuable work on the committee over many years.
Bookings to firstname.lastname@example.org