The Anglo-Swedish Society of Gothenburg (Org No. 857200-0464) has the object of promoting cultural and other connections between English- and Swedish-speaking people. Members of any nationality who share our interests are welcome to join. The Society will celebrate its’ centenary in 2023 (1921-1923) – a little delayed by Covid. Below is a brief power-point video of some high-points in the history of our Society. Which can also be found on YouTube. https://youtu.be/CBH3T7dZSDw
The officers of the Society for 2022-2023 elected at the AGM 2022 02 21 are:
- Chair: John Chaplin, email@example.com
- Secretary: Caroline Ashcroft
- Treasurer: Birger Ekengren, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee members: Sharon Abrahamson, Shiela Andersson.
- Proposed Activities to be decided for the new Committee
- 100th Anniversary of the Society (probably in the Spring2023)
- Get-together and treasure hunt in Slottskogen July
- Christmas Carols vegetarian buffet at Solrosen, with mince pies! + St Andrew’s Choir.
- Book club – ELB(A) English language book club http://www.meetup.com/ELBexA/
- Theatre visits – including National Theatre Live at Bio Roy
- Remembrance day and ANZAC
Bookings to email@example.com